It is quite a big challenge to make users cling on to a website and make them visit all the pages of the site. The internal links on the web pages are a smarter way to lead the visitors to the anticipated points and convert their clicks to the targeted call-to-action. The main aim is to increase the time spent on each webpage and reduce the bounce rate thereby increasing the conversion rate.
SEO tools help to attract more target audience and drag them to dig deeper into the webpages. The internal links can be hyperlinked in the message displayed on the main page so that the user can explore more about the website and get all the information that he was looking for. Meanwhile, these links can also lead to the other vital pages where activities such as registration to the website, product purchase, newsletter subscription or furnishing user’s contact details can be done. Here are some of the tips to materialize SEO and improve internal links to achieve higher visibility of the website.
Best SEO Tips for Improving the Structure of Internal Links or Map
Listed below are six useful SEO tips to create effective internal link or map structure.
- Make sure the accessibility of the internal links are not lost or broken by files such as Robots.txt. The Web CEO SEO Analysis is a free tool that can be used to get reports about the landing page SEO.
- Try to avoid plug-ins like Java iFrames or Adobe Flash for creating internal links or map structure as much as possible.
- It is rather difficult to fit in several keywords in one webpage. So, instead of bombarding the home page or landing page with all the target words, associate the lesser significant pages to the higher significant page. Use the SEO software and tools to place the desired keywords at the right places. You could choose to include some of the keywords in the internal pages relevant to landing page or home page.
- The internal links should be associated with diverse anchor text. There are tools such as Internal Links Optimization tool that can help you optimize the anchor texts in an effective way. It is also imperative to include content which does not deviate from the actual theme of the website. There are a few top SEO software and best SEO tools that help to make the pages more user-friendly.
- More the time the page takes to load, more the possibilities of losing the users on the page. It is ideal to load the page within three to six seconds. It is crucial to maintain a good page rank and this can be achieved through having the important links on the landing pages.
- Now that Google has designed its ranking algorithm to include the hits on the mobile as well, it is essential to make the website compatible with the mobile browsers. The internal links on the home page should be easy to click on the mobile. It should not require additional zoom to click. It is advisable to constantly monitor the mobile version of the landing page to retain a higher page rank. Any concerns related to the internal links or optimization should be addressed as early as possible.
The writer of the article is an Houston SEO expert professional, working in the filed with 5+ years. He also written several books about web design and social media marketing tips and tricks.